Sunday, March 18, 2012

November 1, 1976

From 1976 desk journal

(2012 note: Little Brown was first publisher we approached - or who approached Claud and me - about writing car books. Ultimate publisher was Reston Publishing who got bought out by Prentice Hall - who as I recall got bought out by Simon and Schuster.)

Met Chris Hunter of Little Brown in Charlotte. I picked him up at Red Carpet and walked up to Cardinal. Cardinal was very pitiful. Cold dirty, not even any coffee. I had to buy ours.

I guess the meeting went OK.  Claud came over then we did CPCC tour. Chris didn't have any money. Said it would be forthcoming when reviews come in. First review is OK.

Yancie had her first check-up today. She weighs 6 1/2 pounds - is OK.

Flat on van as I drove back along I-85


No comments:

Post a Comment