Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Recent Pictures

The pictures in last couple of posts show a person that I didn't really know. Especially the beautiful woman in the portrait pictures. She is a phantom - a dream. Real but not real. Not mine. Below are recent pictures of my wife.





(Shot on our 47th anniversary. Our last trip. We ate at the little place beside the river in Chimney Rock, sitting on the back porch looking out on the boulders in the nearly dry stream bed. We had been here several times before with various family members. Brenda did OK on this trip although the rough-riding Subaru WRX did hurt her back. Note: She carried her portable oxygen tank - along with a lot of other stuff in the big black bag that I got for her at Sharron Luggage a couple of years previous. Finding the right bag was always an issue. I now use the big black bag as my "man" bag - carrying it when I walk to the coffee shop in Mt. Holly and even hiking on Crowder's Mountain.)


(Probably 2007. In Brenda's "office" - one end of Yancie's old bedroom. Brenda liked Solitaire, emails, and doing Google searches. We always got into fights when things screwed up and I tried to explain what was happening or tell her what to do. After she died, I pulled up the old carpet (which she had always wanted me to do), cleared out her stuff and turned this into my bedroom.


(Approx September, 2009 - about three months before she died. She wanted me to take this picture so she could show it to someone the next time she got a haircut, to tell them how to do it. She wasn't entirely happy with this look but figured it was better than some of the other haircuts - she hated the little "twigs" of hair that stuck out from behind her neck and would sometimes get me cut them off. I think she got this last haircut at the Great Clips in Belmont. Afterward we went to the little coffee shop in Belmont. This might have been our last non-doctor related outing.)

Aside - I recently told an older but still pretty woman that someone said she was pretty and she immediately responded in that emphatic way women sometimes have when men fail to see self-evident truths, "That's not important. That changes."

No comments:

Post a Comment